Review of MAC Liptensity in smoked almond

Hi everyone,

On a recent visit to the MAC store to restock on my brush cleanser I happened to casually ask the MUA(Makeup Artist) as to when the Liptensity lipsticks were launching in India and he said TOMORROW! I just screamed with joy on the inside J The guy was very kind enough to let me swatch and take pictures of these striking lipsticks. He also told me that being a regular at our store, I could even purchase them before they hit the shelves tomorrow with every chance of my favourite shade being sold out... and that was enough to lure me in to the offer and I brought home this gorgeous beauty called smoked almond.




I usually don’t experiment with lip colours as all I ever wear is Mehr again from MAC. Either I purchase it or get the same shade upon returning six empties as a part of Back to Mac offer. I have always loved a good  n*de lipstick over bold colours as I feel out of my comfort zone wearing them. However, I do love a red lip (Russian Red) once in a while.



 (from top left to right: Smoked almond, Toast n butter, Doe, Medium rare and Driftwood)

This shade is a beautiful warm toned bright rose brown colour which will look great on all complexions. These lipsticks hold intense amount of pigment and this gelled base melts on contact with the lips providing fully saturated colour on one single swipe.

It wears beautifully on the lips without drying them out and even fills in the lines on the lips giving a very fuller finish. It survived a drink and a meal still leaving a decent colour on the lips. I have got a wear time of 4 hours after which I had to re-apply. I have extremely dry and chapped lips and I did not have any issues when wearing this lipstick  however, as they are semi-matte/satin I would suggest you wear a lip balm underneath or prep your lips with a lip scrub before application. The colour is very opaque and glides  on smoothly.

These lipsticks come in 24 stunning shades . A colour for everyone I must say. Love their packaging as you no longer have to read the label to figure the shade name. I have nothing bad to say about these except for the fact that these are Limited Edition. I really really hope that Mac brings them as permanent because they are incredibly lovely.

These are priced at Rs 1850/ $21/£17.50

Quantity: 3.6gms

Hope you are able to grab your favourite lip colour before they get sold out.

Thank you for reading as always.

Ravs

Comments