Monday, 12 October 2015

Clinique all about shadow soft matte - review Ax Chocolate covered cherry


Hello everyone,

Skincare has been on my radar lately but I love my makeup equally. I am someone who enjoys wearing smoky eyes but nothing too intense and I am always looking for eyeshadows that are more wearable both for day time and evenings. One such eyeshadow is what I will be reviewing today.
 
 

Product name: Clinique all about shadow soft matte single eyeshadow

Quantity: 2.2 g / .07 OZ

Price: RS 1200  / $16

Clinique says:

Creamy colour glides in one smooth stroke. Longwearing. Crease and fade resistant, too. Ophthalmologist tested for even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
 




 


 

 

My experience:

It’s a single eyeshadow with a soft matte texture to it with no shimmer at all. It comes in a beautiful compact packaging with a built in mirror and an applicator that is good enough for touch ups. These single eyeshadows come in 26 different colours as shown on Clinique’s website. The colour I picked up is called AX Chocolate covered cherry which is a beautiful brownish dark plum shade appropriate for fall/winter. As I said I love doing a smoky eye and this shade fits the bill perfectly. I apply this using a flat eyeshadow brush patting it across the entire eye lid. I am a no fuss person when it comes to eye-makeup so I mostly use my eyeshadows as an all over lid colour and finish my look with a black kohl on my waterline and this just works perfectly for me.

In the swatches below I have applied this with and without a primer and have heavily swatched it so it kinda looks darker than it actually is but on the eyes it just looks more subtle and I will add a picture of me sporting this shade soon. During the day I apply this shade without the use of primer and carry this in my makeup bag for touch ups (I don't mind doing makeup re- touches at all ) which is needed every 2 hours if you have oily lids and for evenings when I need more depth, I wear it with the primer and it lasts on me for a good 6 to 7 hours. There is a slight fall out so I suggest doing your base makeup towards the end or use a tissue to cover the under eye area when applying this, whatever works best for you.

 
 

Final thoughts:

There are some brilliant shades in this range and I am keen to discover a few more. I love how this can be worn both soft and also can be intensified using a primer. MAC eyeshadows retail at RS 1450 for 1.2 grams that don’t come with a built in mirror or an applicator considering that I think this is worth the price you pay for.

P.S. I love Clinique

Thanks for reading.

Ravs

4 comments:

  1. Loved the shade! Sure enough it will look fabulous on you. Love how well you review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much fio. Yes, this sure is a beautiful shade and when worn on the eyes is a lot less darker than the swatches which makes it look just lovely on the eyes.

      Delete
  2. This shade is so buttery smooth know
    Love d shade too
    Ps- I love Clinique too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kri, this shade is very soft and quite pigmented. Yaayyyy hi5 for clinique love! :)

      Delete