Revlon clorburst Matte balm- shade Sultry 225




Hellooo  there,

I have another product which I purchased today during my visit to the mall. I have been wanting to try a Revlon product for a very long time but somehow or the other I would end up at the MAC counter…:p

You know the feeling when you enter a store like lifestyle or shopperstop in particular the perfume and cosmetics sections are placed right at the front and even if you walk with your head down the sales assistants don’t let you pass that isle so easily…sometimes, I don’t know how one must feel at that time whether like a celebrity everyone needing your attention or a catch!… haha!

So, when I entered the lifestyle store today it was a usual sight with stores packed with people and no place to breathe… you may ask me why? It’s the end of season sale  which is running at the moment and will last for nearly 2 more weeks I believe. Anyway, so among all the other brands I chose Revlon today and I am pleased that I did.

This product that I bought is a new launch from Revlon.

Product name: Revlon colorburst Matte balm

Shade name: Sultry Sulfureuse # 225

Weight: 2.7 grams

Price: Rs 800 (got a 15% discount on the MRP )

Revlon describes this as:
Velvety matte look. Moisture rich balm. A matte finish that’s beyond plush. Balm that’s beyond comforting. Our triple butter complex of shea, coconut and mango butters nourishes lips. In 10 collectible, craveable colors.

My experience with this product:

This is a matte lip balm which is very creamy in texture, glides easily, very comforting and light on the lips. It is well pigmented and the colour can be buildable. It comes in a chubby twist up stick which is easier to use and hold for application. The outer body of this product is exactly the colour of the balm that makes it easier to identify in your stash. Oh yes, it has a mild peppermint smell and that transfers to your lips when you apply but that doesn’t last for more than a few moments.

This is a beautiful pinky brown colour with a hint of plum. I personally fancy neutral shades like soft browns or mocha but a beauty addict needs all the different shades in this world in her vanity so, this one found its place. This shade looks pretty bright and strong when applied but it settles just perfectly after a little while just the way a matte balm should be. If you have dry lips prep them before application so that this balm glides on for that smoother  finish. The SA told me this shade was a long lasting one for close to 10hrs but either she was not well informed or the claim is not true. As this product wouldn’t survive a meal or a coffee. You need to re apply it every time. Plus the colour bleeds if you don’t apply a lip liner underneath and I don’t find this to be travel friendly as the cover may loosen up after sometime.

The Nice:

Creamy, moisturising  semi matte to matte finish.

Pretty colour that is flattering on all skin tones.

The not so nice:

Expensive

Poor lasting power needs to be reapplied.

Not travel friendly

Final thoughts:
The matte balm got me hooked. I like how the colour looks on me. Brilliant shade for everyday wear.   I like it though it has some flaws but for the price they are selling it one will expect much more. So, I don’t think I will repurchase this again.

Rating: 3/5

Thank u for reading. Take care.

Love,

Ravs

Comments