MAC Pro longwear paint pot- Quite Natural


Hi ya,
Today I have yet another MAC product that I will be reviewing. This splurge happened when I was loving everything MAC and I still do. Every time I visited the Inorbit mall in Hyderabad I could not resist entering their store whether it was to test and buy their new products or just to say hello to their lovely staff.
I fancy wearing the smoky eyes look always but I just needed the right products in my vanity for a everyday wear without looking gothic. So, I took a plunge and bought the Pro long wear paint pot for the perfect and subtle looking smoky eyes.
Read on to know how it faired:
Product name: MAC Pro long wear Paint pot
Shade: Quite natural
Weight: 5gms
Price: Rs 1450
Mac describes the product as:
 A Dirty chocolate brown. A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking.  Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream based, can be mixed with MAC shadows and liners.
My experience with the product:
When I went to the MAC store I tried 2 other shades in their pro-long wear range those were groundwork and  constructivist. Ground work was too light and I could hardly tell the difference upon application  and constructivist was too dark for a daily wear and so, I went with quite natural. I am so pleased that I got this for myself and now I can effortlessly sport a smoky look during the day as well.
This paint pot comes in a see through glass jar packaging  with a black screw lid which gives it a very classy look. The product is creamy so you can either use a brush or your finger for application. You need to work really fast with it as the product dries quickly when it comes in contact with air. So take the product out and close the jar immediately and the trick with the cream based products like this is to store them upside down this prevents  them from drying and lasting you for a good long time.
How  to use it:
Use a primer to prep your eyes if you have oily lids else you could simply apply this all over your eye lids as it works as a good base by itself because it mattifies on application. You can use another eye shadow on top of this as the paint pot works as a primer base too. Then you may use a black kohl or a gel liner to line your waterline and generously applying mascara on upper and lower lashes. This paint pot when applied alone lasts me a good 4 to 5hrs without primer.
 The nice:
Highly pigmented
Good colour pay off
Does not crease on my eyes
 

Great as a base under other eyeshadows or can be worn alone by itself.
Great quantity would last me a good 1 year that is only if it won’t dry up. Its 3 months now that I have it and it’s still creamy as it was then.
Can be worn for both day and night look.
The not so nice:
Expensive
Fear of drying quickly, if not careful.
Glass packaging doesn’t make it very travel friendly
Final thoughts:
I enjoy wearing this on my eyes every single day I don’t think I will ever get bored of this shade in particular. Enhances your eyes and makes them look fierce. So much quantity given and that makes me ecstatic.
Rating: 5/5
Hope you find my review helpful. Do leave your comments below and share which is your favourite MAC paint pot.
 #maccosmetics #mac #smokyeyes
Love,
Ravs

Comments