MAC powder blush in Melba - Review


Hey everyone,
Now that I had published my first product review yesterday I could not resist writing my next review. The thought of sharing my makeup stories with you all is very exciting in itself. So I checked my stash and picked up this darling of a product of mine for review. 


Product name:  MAC Powder Blush in Melba shade

Finish: Matte

Net weight: 6gms


Price: Rs 1450, Refill pan is Rs 1250

Mac describes this shade as: Soft coral peach

Packaging:

It comes in a beautiful round black pot with a transparent plastic lid and MAC embossed on it. If you have too many blushes the see through packaging helps you to identify the shade easily.

My experience with the product:

I like wearing blushes as I feel my makeup looks incomplete without it. My face looks so pale and in case I am wearing a foundation that day I totally need a flush of colour on my cheeks for a natural finish. I have been using the Clinique blush for a while now which I also love in the shade Pronto pink but this time I needed a peachy coral shade. So, while going through the MAC products in the store I stumbled upon this blush and I loved how it looked in the pan however, when I picked up the product to swatch on my ring finger it looked so chalky and I was immediately put off. On asking I told the SA at MAC that I was not sure if I want to even try it on my face however, she insisted and I was sold. J

I bought this product 6 months ago and this has been my go to blush ever since. A blush is such a necessary product in your makeup bag because it adds dimension to your face and overall features. This blush is a soft coral peach shade true to its description by MAC. It’s a matte finish which in my opinion makes for a lovely day wear look. It is very pigmented and if not careful you can end up over applying.

I am a matte finish lover so this blush fits the bill perfectly as I have a combination skin this helps in keeping my skin matte and does not accentuate open pores. Oily skinned beauties will love this. As this shade is sort of a mid tone warm peach this may look good on fair to medium skin as for dark skinned beauties this colour may not show or may rather blend  with their complexion. This blush has a poor lasting power say about 3hrs or so and it needs touch ups within a couple of hours of application so that might be a disappointment for many. 
 The good:

Travel friendly

Great for day wear

Matte finish

Pigmented

Does not accentuate pores

 The not so good:

Expensive

Poor lasting power

Needs touch up

Rating: 4/5

 

Final thoughts:

Hmmm…It’s a pretty peach colour with a matte finish superbly pigmented and easily blend able just be wary about not picking up too much product on your brush as it may look chalky and blending it for a natural look may become a daunting task.  The trick is to dust your brush after picking up the product before application. I think it’s a brilliant product with a poor lasting power. L

Hope you find this review helpful.

Stay tuned for more reviews…

Thanks for reading …

Love,

Ravs

 

Comments