MAC eyeshadow Club - Review


Hello everyone,

I have been lately digging up my vanity like a scavenger to chose a product that I can put up a review of.  While I want to talk about everything I own in my cosmetics stash it is practically not possible to do so at once. So, I decided to review this pretty eye shadow from my MAC collection.

Product: Club eye shadow 

Finish: Satin

Weight: 1.5gms

Price: Rs990 and Rs720 for a refill

MAC describes this eye shadow as: A Red brown with green pearl. Highly pigmented powder applies evenly and blends well.
 

My experience with the product:

When searching for that perfect party wear eye shadow I was recommended the Club e/s by the SA. When I took a look at it I knew I missed seeing it in the e/s section because it was such a unflattering colour it looked like a dull brownish grey and on swatching it on my hand it only worsened the opinion I had formed about it. Then the SA came to my rescue and advised that this is a duo chrome effect and to get the best out of it one needed to apply it the right way.

So, she applied the MAC paint pot as a base all over my eyelid and then patted the club e/s on the entire lid. I could not believe my eyes what a treat this shade turned out to be. Its true abilities stand out only when layered with a primer or a matte base like MAC’s pro long wear paint pot. You could also use it by spraying the MAC Fix+ on your brush and then using the e/s.

firstly,I apply the MAC paint pot all over my  eye lids and then layer the club e/s on top of it and use a soft brown matte e/s on my crease to blend softening the harsh lines  and use a black kohl on my waterline  and of course the Mascara. You are now ready to go clubbing!

Using this e/s will always make others wonder if you have used more than two colours to do your eye makeup. Thanks to its duo chrome effect.

You can see in the swatches from left to right the first swatch is a direct application of the product from the pot you see how it looks so boring. The second is using a primer as a base and the third swatch is using a paint pot. You can see how gorgeous this shade can look. It lasts on my eyes for nearly 5hrs with a primer and 7hrs with the Paint pot.
 
 

The Nice:

Gorgeous shade

Duo chrome effect

Lasting power is amazing

Fall out is minimal.

Very smooth texture.

The not so nice:

Needs to be layered

Expensive

Final thoughts: Don’t judge the book by its cover. Try it at a MAC store near you and you will know why you must add this shade to your collection. I enjoy wearing this and I hope you will too.

Rating: 5/5
Thank you for reading.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheeksnblush/1526340974261473

Love,

Ravs

Comments