Estee Lauder Daywear Advanced Multi-protection Anti-oxidant creme SPF15- Review


Hola,

Reviewing products is never easy especially with the skincare products because you take chances and experiment on your skin.  While sometimes it can be fruitful but there are instances when it can be disastrous too. While we always hope that we find our Holy Grail product in them that may not be the case always. One such chance that I took recently was with the Estee Lauder’s crème. Read on to see how it faired…

Product name: Estee Lauder Day wear Advanced Multi-protection Anti-oxidant crème SPF 15 for Normal/combination skin

Price: RS 3,600

Weight: 50ml
 
 

What Estee Lauder says about this product:

This high-performance moisturizer defends against signs of premature aging—and diminishes their appearance—with the most effective anti-oxidant power ever.*

DayWear includes our proven Super Anti-Oxidant Complex and Broad Spectrum sunscreen. It reduces the first signs of aging, like dullness and fine, dry lines. Refreshes skin with lasting hydration.

How to use: Apply AM and PM after your repair serum
 
 

My experience with the product:

I wanted to try the Estee Lauder stuff for a very long time now. Unfortunately, there isn’t  a EL store in Hyderabad however, Chennai has got one so I am very happy. On my first visit I was overwhelmed to enter the Estee lauder store. The products on display sparkled under the lights like rubies and diamonds. What a lovely sight indeed!

It is never easy to decide what you want for yourself when everything looks and sounds so appealing. The SA at the store recommended me a couple of products and I bought two out of the lot. The Daywear plus was one of them and the other was the Nutritious Radiant Vitality 2-in-1 Foam cleanser.

I have a combination skin though during winters it can turn from dry to very dry.

This cream comes in a gorgeous see through tub packaging with a gold screw cap. It also has a protective pull up plastic lid which prevents the cream from depositing itself on the cap making it travel friendly. The golden cap has EL engraved on it which only adds to its beauty.

The cream is of a soft, very smooth luxurious texture and smells of cucumber scents which doesn’t last for too long, the cream is packed with anti-oxidants and also has SPF15  which gives me sun protection even when I am at home. The moisturizing effect lasts me for the entire day but my T zone gets oily in a few hours. I apply this after cleansing my face, initially the skin looks greasy and oily for a few minutes and then it gets absorbed leaving you with a glowing skin. I feel this cream can be a bit heavy for hot and humid weather but normal to dry skin will love it. I absolutely enjoy wearing my foundation when I wear this as a moisturizer. It’s been 3 weeks that I have been using this cream and I can see a visible difference in my skin it feels softer while giving me a glow. The Jar packaging may hinder the effectiveness of the antioxidants as these ingredients break down when they come in contact with the air so, I am not sure if I would continue to benefit from this cream going forward but I am getting the Lotion variant the next time as it comes with a pump packaging.

I use this cream AM and PM after cleansing. So this Jar is going to last me another 1 month or more.  Always remember to ask for free samples at the EL counters as you may first want to try a product before buying them as this stuff is expensive. I was given the Advance night repair synchronized recovery complex serum and also their ANR eye serum with my purchase and have been religiously using all of these and this has really improved my skin overall. I am so getting the full version of the samples I have used as I quite like them.
 
 

The Nice:

Luxurious packaging

Very moisturizing

Lovely cucumber scent

Did not break me out

Has a SPF 15

Improves the skin texture

The Not so Nice:

Tub packaging destroys the anti-oxidants.

Expensive

Takes a few minutes to absorb into the skin completely

Final thoughts: If you have normal to combination skin that needs some effective nourishment and moisture , that includes SPF, sweet smelling , giving you a feel of luxury then totally go get it.

As for now I have found my HG product.

Hope you enjoyed reading this review. Tell me about your Estee lauder favourites in the comments below.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheeksnblush/1526340974261473

 

Love,

Ravs

Comments